NATIONAL ACHIEVERS SOCIETY
The National Achievers (NAS) was established with the purpose of encouraging students to excel both academically and culturally. NAS at FIU is sponsored by the Florida Education Fund (FEF). A National Achiever is:
- Enrolled in a Miami-Dade County school in the 4th – 12th grade.
- An A or B student having at least two (2) A’s and no C’s (unless those C’s are in advanced or honors classes) for the last three (3) consecutive report cards (both academic and conduct grades)
- A positive example for other students to emulate
- Active in the community
- Maintain an average of a B, or a 3.0 GPA in both academics and conduct
- Attend NAS monthly meetings
- Attend all activities organized by NAS
- Attend tutoring sessions
- Participate in the Annual State Summit in the spring
- Parents must be active members of The Miami Achievers Parents Association (TMAPA)
TO APPLY, STUDENTS MUST
- Meet the academic requirement of having two (2) A grades and the rest B grades for the last three (3) consecutive grading periods.
- Have no grades below a B in conduct.
- High school students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA with no grade lower than a C, except in one (1) honors, gifted, or advanced placement class.
Applications are available at the beginning of each academic year and are due in November. The Induction Ceremony for new National Achievers is held in December at FIU’s Biscayne Bay Campus.