The Invitational Scholars Program (ISP) is an established university scholarship program which provides academic and financial support to first-time college freshmen who successfully complete a SAS pre-collegiate program. ISP offers a $600.00 award each fall and spring semester, for a total of 132 credit hours of undergraduate coursework at FIU. Additional activities that enhance the academic, social, cultural, and intellectual environment are also offered by the program.
- Register and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits each fall and spring semester.
- Earn a minimum of 2.0 GPA the first semester at FIU and a minimum of 2.5 GPA each semester thereafter.
- Schedule and attend a semester progress conference with the Program Director. Please note that this applies to all Invitational Scholars, freshmen through seniors, and is also in effect even when you are on appeal or temporarily off award.
- Follow-up on assigned academic support strategies such as tutoring, counseling, career planning and placement, and CLEP.
- Participate in the SAS Success Coaching on a semesterly basis.