FIU’s Upward Bound program is a federal TRIO program designed for students with academic potential who need additional preparation and motivation to succeed in high school and into college. The program provides on-going academic preparation, counseling, and enrichment activities. Students may participate in the program from the time they are enrolled in the spring of 8th grade until they enter their first year of college. Upward Bound assists students with goal-setting, decision making, career planning, academic testing, college applications, scholarship information, and financial aid opportunities. Our focus is on high school students who are low-income and/or potential first-generation college students. For more information on the Upward Bound program please contact (305) 348-1742, or email@example.com.
Being part of the Upward Bound program offers many benefits to students. Some benefits include:
- Weekly tutoring available at FIU’s Modesto A. Maidique and Biscayne Bay Campuses. Virtual tutoring is also available through Skype.
- Saturday Academy
- Meets every other Saturday. Sessions run from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Transportation to and from several of our targeted schools and lunch is provided.
- SAT and ACT test preparation and 1 on 1 tutoring
- Grammar and math classes
- College workshops and college access coaching
- Academic counseling and mentorship
- Parent workshops
- College tours
- Field trips