To qualify as a candidate for the Golden Scholars bridge program, applicants must be:
- Under-represented college students (priority given to first-generation college students)
- Florida residents (per state residency guidelines)
- Pell Grant eligible
- Have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Have a minimum 18 ACT composite score or 900 SAT composite score
- NOTE: Satisfying these requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
To apply to the Golden Scholars bridge program, students must:
- Submit a complete FIU Undergraduate Admission application and the Golden Scholars bridge program application.
- Submit official ACT and/or SAT scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Complete both the 2021-22 and 2022-23 FAFSA.
- NOTE: Both FAFSA applications are now available through the FAFSA website. Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA website.
- Complete the Florida Residency Affidavit Form with required documentation. Please be prepared to upload residency documents when submitting your online admissions application.