WHY DO SUMMER RESEARCH?
Participating in summer research opportunities expands your academic experience at Florida International University both as an undergraduate and graduate student. There are many benefits to engaging in a summer research experience, including:
- Working closely with a faculty mentor.
- Enhancing your understanding and knowledge of your academic field.
- Clarifying your academic, career, and personal interests.
- Gaining academic credentials that help expand your resume, such as presenting at conferences, publishing, and working with a research team.
- Learning skills in communication (written and oral), critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, and time management.
- Exploring research techniques.
- Earning scholarships, stipends, and/or awards for having conducted research.
EXPLORE SUMMER RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Pathways to Science
- American Mathematical Society
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- Florida Undergraduate Research Conference
- ABRCMS – Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
- NCUR – National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- SREB State Doctoral Scholars Program
- Association of Hispanics in Higher Education
- Advancing Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SREB State Doctoral Scholars Program)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers